Sunday 10th June
9.00am Holy Communion
10.00am Church Café
10.45am Family Communion, JIMS & BAM
Mon 11th 2.00pm Open Doors
7.00pm The Great Get Together Meeting
Tues 12th 11.00am Gerald Harrison’s funeral at St Barbara’s
7.30pm Jonathan Hill’s Collation Service in Hull
Wed 13th 10.00am Weekday Communion
Thur 14th 9.30am JIGSAW
7.00pm Prayer & Praise
Fri 15th 3.30pm Drench
Sat 16th 12.00pm The Great Get Together
Sun 17th 9.00am Holy Communion
10.00am Church Café
10.45am Family Praise, JIMS & BAM
These questions are for you to consider carefully and apply to your life. Read Mark 3:20-35 and think about the following:
1. (v21) Have we ever dismissed someone as "out of their mind" and later realised we were wrong? Why did we dismiss them?
2. (v28) What does "blaspheme against the Holy Spirit" mean to us?
3. (v35) What does it mean to be part of Jesus' family?
4. In what ways do we try to restrain Jesus in our lives? How might we be more open to him?
-Steve is now on Sabbatical until September. Please do not attempt to contact him on church matters. All enquiries to Hannah or Anne R.
-Please see Anne L if you can help set up/down for The Great Get Together on Saturday.
-We have been having problems with youths hanging around the church steps at the back. Please call 101 if you see them there (and pray for them!)
We celebrate with and pray for Howard Radford as he has his birthday.
- Coventry Youth for Christ Comedy Night 23rd June at 7.00pm at St James. £15 for fish & chip supper, live comedy from John Archer and performances from local school pupils. (See poster).
- Curry and Comedy Night 12th October at 7.00pm at the Village Hotel. £18 for two course meal and live comedy from Andy Kind. A great way to meet members of other local churches. More information to come.
- Christian Resources Exhibition 16th-18th October at Sandown Park. Tickets £8 on the day, or talk to Hannah for access to free tickets!
- Heart of England Co-operative Concert Orchestra 8th December at 3.00pm at St James. Concert proceeds for Global Care. More information to come.
Lord, we pray for our children and youth. We thank you for all of our groups for our children and young people and we ask for your blessings in having enough leaders, finances and resources. We pray for your blessings upon the children in their learning and coming into contact with you, and for their families who may or may not know you yet.
We pray for the work of Kidz Klub and Youth For Christ and ask that as a church we may be a support and blessing to them. We pray that they successfully continue to reach out to children and young people in our city and bring many more lives to Christ. Amen.