Sunday 29th July
9.00am Holy Communion
10.00am Church Café
10.45am All Age Service
Wed 1st 10.00am Weekday Communion
Sun 5th 9.00am Holy Communion
10.00am Church Café
10.45am All Age Café Service
These questions are for you to consider carefully and apply to your life. Read Ephesians 3:14-21 and think about the following:
(v16) How would you like God to strengthen you? Ask Him now.
(v17) You are “rooted and established in love.” Plan how you could begin to explain your experience of God’s love to someone else. Try telling them.
(v20) God can do “immeasurably more” than we can even imagine, so start asking Him for the best you can imagine and see what happens!
- We will be running an Alpha Course soon! If you would like to take part, please speak to Hannah, Anne R, Dwayne or Sandra. If you would be willing to cook a meal for our Alpha guests, please speak to Anne R.
- There will be a table-top sale after both morning services on Sunday 2nd September. Please donate items for this to the box under the table in the foyer; bric-a-brac/craft items/unwanted gifts etc. We are raising money for the Shawl Ministry, which will be headed up by Diana Bartlett.
- From September our Drench Youth Café will be for school years 7-13, in line with other Drench Cafés in the city. To volunteer to help with that ministry, please speak to Anne R or Dwayne. Invite young people too!
- Scouts (ages 10½-14), who meet in the Church Hall on a Wednesday evening, have spaces left for the new year (from Sept 12th). Also, Explorers (ages 14-18) are starting up a group meeting in the upper room of St James on Wednesday evenings from Sept. For info, see the noticeboard/flyers.
- We have a Garden Fund in the foyer to raise money for our grounds maintenance. Read the poster for more details and if you can help us fill the pot with coins, we’d really appreciate every penny!
- Our church income needs to increase. We are entirely self-funded and to continue with the ministries we do, we need more funds. Please consider whether you think God may be leading you to start giving if you don’t already, or give a little more. If you would like to talk this through with anyone, please speak to Anne R, Lorna, Hannah, or your Life Group Leader.
- Spark in the Park 6-8th August at 1.30-4.30pm at War Memorial Park . Free entry. Bouncy castles, Bible stories, Crafts, Disco and more. An awesome outreach opportunity in our city. See: sparkcoventry.webs.com
- Anne Richards’ Induction 3rd October at St James Church, Whitley.
- Curry and Comedy Night 12th October at 7.00pm at the Village Hotel, CV4 9GZ. Meet members of other local churches. Email: CSKchurches@gmail.com or ASK TIM DAY-POLLARD TO RESERVE YOUR TICKET TODAY AS WE NEED TO GIVE THE HOTEL NUMBERS ASAP!
When you book please indicate for food either: Main Course: Chicken Curry & Naan Bread - OR - Vegetable Lasagne. Dessert: Chocolate Fudge Cake with Chocolate sauce - OR - Crème Caramel with whipped cream & strawberry.
- Captivate Women’s Conference 20th October at The Welcome Centre. To book visit www.mosaicchurch.co.uk/captivate
Lord, as we rest over the holidays and look towards new things in September, help us to realign ourselves with your peace and will. Amen.