Sunday 9th September
9.00am Holy Communion
10.00am Church Café
10.45am All Age Family Communion
Mon 10th 2.00pm Open Doors
6.30pm Alpha Course
7.00pm Worship Team Meeting
Wed 12th 10.00am Weekday Communion
Thur 13th 12.15pm Funeral Ann Bulpitt
7.00pm Prayer & Praise
Fri 14th 3.30pm Drench Youth Cafe
Sun 16th 9.00am Holy Communion
10.00am Church Café
10.45am Family Praise, JIMS & BAM
12.00pm Alpha Holy Spirit Day
These questions are for you to consider carefully and apply to your life. Read James 2:1-17 and think about the following:
(v1-9) How do we show favouritism? What could we do to better love our neighbours whoever they are?
Discuss how verse 12 should look in your lives.
(v13-17) What are the implications for living without ‘mercy’ or ‘deeds’?
- Please pray for our new staff members as they begin their journey with us: Sue Clayden: Family Ministry Enabler, Lois Pearce: Youth Intern (with CYFC) & Si Hudson: Worship Intern.
- The office will be closed 21st Sept-8th Oct as Hannah will be on annual leave. Please provide any notices by Wed 19th.
- Alpha Holy Spirit Day will be Sunday 16th at 12-4pm. Including lunch after the service. You are all invited to join us!
- Jacob Niblett is being confirmed on Sunday 21st October, 10am at St Christopher's Church, Allesley Park. Debbie Niblett has invited us to attend.
- Drench Youth Café will return 14th Sept for school years 7-13.
- A huge thank you to your donations to the Garden Fund pot! We raised £65.64 this time. The pot will move to the kitchen where it will continue to be used to raise funds for grounds maintenance.
- Thank you to all those who donated/bought items for the Shawl Ministry.
- Please see Kathy to volunteer to help prepare food for the Barn Dance on 6th October.
- BOOK NOW for New Wine 2019 to take advantage of the early-bird tickets. Speak to Kathy. At Peterborough Showground, 4th-10th August 2019.
- Crossline Volunteer Listening Introduction Morning, Saturday 22nd September at 10am at Coventry City Mission, CV2 2AA. For more info contact: email@example.com or 02476 615931.
- Anne Richards’ Induction, Wednesday 3rd October at 7.30pm at St James Church, Whitley. Please sign up at the back of church if you will be attending.
- Harvest Barn Dance and Ploughman’s Supper, Saturday 6th October at 7pm at St James. Tickets £5 for adults, £3 for under 12’s.
- Curry and Comedy Night, Friday 12th October at 7pm at the Village Hotel, CV4 9GZ. To book email: CSKchurches@gmail.com Please pay Hannah/Tim/Steve for your tickets IN SEPTEMBER.
- C1: Safeguarding Foundation Training Course, Tuesday 6th November at 7pm at St James. Book at: www.dioceseofcoventry.org/safeguading/safeguardingtraining
Click on the C1 tab on the right hand side, scroll down to the 6th Nov date and click on ‘book here.’ Follow instructions on the eventbrite system.
Lord, thank you for your mercy when we live in a way that is not wholly pleasing to you. Help us to put our faith into action; to love others as our own family and to extend forgiveness and patience to others, however difficult it may seem. Amen.