Sunday 23rd September
9.00am Holy Communion
10.00am Church Café
10.45am Family Praise, JIMS & BAM
Mon 24th 2.00pm Open Doors
6.30pm Alpha Course
Wed 26th 10.00am Weekday Communion
6.30pm Children & Youth Leaders Meeting
Thur 27th 9.30am JIGSAW
7.00pm Prayer & Praise
Fri 28th 3.30pm Drench Youth Cafe
Sun 30th 9.00am Holy Communion
10.00am Church Café
10.45am Family Communion, JIMS & BAM
4.00pm Leaders Meeting
Life Questions – The God Who Speaks Today
These questions are for you to consider carefully and apply to your life. Read Matthew 4:1-4 and think about the following:
1. What do you think the difference is between ‘it is written’ and ‘every word that comes from the mouth of God’?
2. How does God speak to you?
3. What is your spiritual food?
- Hannah is on annual leave until 8th October.
- Please see Kathy to volunteer to help prepare food for the Barn Dance on 6th October.
- Emergency prayer chain: Anyone with a request for prayer for themselves or family for an urgent situation can contact Anne Lancaster on 024 7647 1947 or firstname.lastname@example.org. To join, speak to Anne.
- Prayer Vine: A simple scheme in which we have a different prayer partner each week so that we always have someone supporting us in prayer and can contact if the need arises. Contact Anne L.
- If you would like to visit Dave and Joan Roginson, please contact Carolyn on: email@example.com or 01926 425819 or 07746634321
- Anne Richards’ Induction, Wednesday 3rd October at 7.30pm at St James Church, Whitley. Please sign up at the back of church if you will be attending.
- Harvest Barn Dance and Ploughman’s Supper, Saturday 6th October at 7pm at St James. Tickets £5 for adults, £3 for under 12’s, £15 family ticket.
- Curry and Comedy Night, Friday 12th October at 7pm at Village Hotel, CV4 9GZ.
- Church Grounds Work Party, Saturday 13th October at 9-12.30pm at St James. The whole community is welcome. Bacon batches at 9am. Bring any equipment you have and invite friends/neighbours.
- CO: Safeguarding Training, Wednesday 17th October at 7-9pm at St James, including buffet food. See Anne Lancaster for more info.
- Confirmation of Jacob Niblett, Sunday 21st October at 10am at 10am at St Christopher's Church, Allesley Park.
- First Aid Course, Monday 29th October at 6pm at St James, with food available from 5.30pm. The course costs £30 per person. The church will cover the cost for members, but any donations up to £30 would be most welcome.
- Superhero Light Party, Wednesday 31st October at 6pm at St James. For Primary School age children. See Sue Clayden for more information.
- Welcome to St James Evening, Friday 2nd November at 7.30pm at St James. For anyone who considers themselves quite new to St James.
- Memorial Service, Sunday 4th November at 4pm at St James.
- C1: Safeguarding Foundation Training Course, Tuesday 6th November at 7pm at St James. Book: www.dioceseofcoventry.org/safeguading/safeguardingtraining
Lord, thank you that whenever temptation comes our way, we can always rely on you to help us through. Thank you that you have provided us with something more than just passing earthly pleasures. Help us to seek your word; your will; your guidance; your kingdom; your heart; your spiritual food. Help us understand what that can mean in our lives and how to share it with others. Amen.