Sunday 30th September
9.00am Holy Communion
10.00am Church Café
10.45am Family Communion, JIMS & BAM
4.00pm Leaders Meeting
Mon 1st 2.00pm Open Doors
6.30pm Alpha Course
Wed 3rd 10.00am Weekday Communion
7.30pm Anne Richards’ Induction (St James, Whitley)
Thur 4th 9.30am JIGSAW
1.45pm Knitting Group
7.00pm Prayer & Praise
Fri 5th 3.30pm Drench Youth Café
Sat 6th 10.00am Quiet Morning
7.00pm Harvest Barn Dance & Ploughman’s Supper
Sun 7th 9.00am Holy Communion
10.00am Church Café
10.45am Family Praise, JIMS & BAM
These questions are for you to consider carefully and apply to your life. Read John 15:1-4 and think about the following:
Roots: Where and how are your spiritual roots fed?
Branches: How do you ensure you stay connected with the vine?
Fruit: Who helps you prune and checks the fruit? How?
- Hannah is on annual leave until 8th October.
- Please see Kathy to volunteer to help prepare food for the Barn Dance on 6th October. Tickets £5 for adults, £3 for under 12’s, £15 family ticket.
- There are limited spaces for the First Aid Course, so please email Hannah on email@example.com or write to the office to secure your place.
- Please pick up a leaflet about the Shoebox Appeal. Boxes can be filled and left in church 14th October-4th November. Teams4u.com/shoebox-appeal
- Contact Anne Lancaster on 024 7647 1947 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the Emergency prayer chain or the Prayer Vine.
- If you would like to visit Dave and Joan Roginson, please contact Carolyn on: email@example.com or 01926 425819 or 07746634321
- Curry and Comedy Night, Friday 12th October at 7pm at Village Hotel, CV4 9GZ.
- Church Grounds Work Party, Saturday 13th October at 9-12.30pm at St James. The whole community is welcome. Bacon batches at 9am. Bring any equipment you have and invite friends/neighbours.
- CO: Safeguarding Training, Wednesday 17th October at 7-9pm at St James, including buffet food. See Anne Lancaster for more info.
- Confirmation of Jacob Niblett, Sunday 21st October at 10am at 10am at St Christopher's Church, Allesley Park.
- First Aid Course, Monday 29th October at 6pm at St James, with food available from 5.30pm. The course costs £30 per person. The church will cover the cost for members, but any donations up to £30 would be most welcome.
- Superhero Light Party, Wednesday 31st October at 6pm at St James. For Primary School age children. See Sue Clayden for more information.
- Welcome to St James Evening, Friday 2nd November at 7.30pm at St James. For anyone who considers themselves quite new to St James.
- Memorial Service, Sunday 4th November at 4pm at St James.
- C1: Safeguarding Foundation Training Course, Tuesday 6th November at 7pm at St James. Book: www.dioceseofcoventry.org/safeguading/safeguardingtraining
Lord, thank you that you help us to grow and you promise to always be with us. Open our eyes to the works you are doing in our lives. Amen.