Sunday 7th October
9.00am Holy Communion
10.00am Church Café
10.45am Family Praise, JIMS & BAM
Mon 8th 2.00pm Open Doors
6.30pm Alpha Course
7.30pm Worship Team Meeting
Wed 10th 7.30am Churches Together Prayer Breakfast
10.00am Weekday Communion
Thur 11th 9.30am JIGSAW
7.00pm Prayer & Praise
Fri 12th 3.30pm Drench Youth Café
7.00pm Curry & Comedy Night (Village Hotel)
Sat 13th 9.00am Church Grounds Work Party
Sun 14th 9.00am Holy Communion
10.00am Church Café
10.45am Family Communion, JIMS & BAM
These questions are for you to consider carefully and apply to your life. Read Luke 12:16-21 and think about the following:
Imagine all the provision God has made and list it.
Do you hold lightly to what you have, or try to hang on to it?
How can we better care for God’s world with what we have?
- Everyone is invited to the Prayer Breakfast on Wednesday here at church
- There are limited spaces for the First Aid Course, so please email Hannah on email@example.com or write to the office to secure your place.
- Please pick up a leaflet about the Shoebox Appeal. Boxes can be filled and left in church 14th Oct-4th Nov. http://teams4u.com/shoebox-appeal/
As they have their birthdays this month, let us pray for and celebrate with: Jacky Cashmore, Anella & Uchechi Davidson, Kylie Glover, Joanna Hodgson, Gordon Morris, John Pearson, Romina Wells & Christine Plested.
- Church Grounds Work Party, Saturday 13th October at 9-12.30pm at St James. Bacon batches at 9am. Bring any equipment you have&invite friends/neighbours.
- CO: Safeguarding Training, Wednesday 17th October at 7-9pm at St James, including buffet food. See Anne Lancaster for more info.
- Confirmation of Jacob Niblett, Sunday 21st October at 10am at St Christopher's.
- First Aid Course, Monday 29th October at 6pm at St James, with food available from 5.30pm. The course costs £30 per person. The church will cover the cost for members, but any donations up to £30 would be most welcome.
- Superhero Light Party, Wednesday 31st October at 6pm at St James. For Primary School age children. See Sue Clayden for more information.
- Welcome to St James Evening, Friday 2nd November at 7.30pm at St James. For anyone who considers themselves quite new to St James.
- Memorial Service, Sunday 4th November at 4pm at St James.
- C1: Safeguarding Foundation Training Course, Tuesday 6th November at 7pm at St James. Book: www.dioceseofcoventry.org/safeguading/safeguardingtraining
Lord, thank you that you provide for us absolutely everything we need. Please help us to remember where our blessings come from and to not be selfish with what we have. Help us to be generous and loving towards others and to use the things we have to further your kingdom on earth. Help us to develop a healthy pattern of giving back to you. Help us to live in the confidence of knowing that you always bless a generous heart and to never be fearful that we won’t have enough. Amen.