Sunday 14th October
9.00am Holy Communion
10.00am Church Café
10.45am Family Communion, JIMS & BAM
Mon 15th 2.00pm Open Doors
6.30pm Alpha Course
Wed 17th 10.00am Weekday Communion
7.00pm CO Safeguarding Training & Buffet
Thur 18th 9.30am JIGSAW
1.45pm Knitting Group
Fri 19th 3.30pm Drench Youth Café
Sun 21st 9.00am Holy Communion
10.00am Church Café
10.45am All Age Café Service
Life Questions – Prayer
These questions are for you to consider carefully and apply to your life. Read Matthew 6:1-18 and think about the following:
1. (v6) Where is your prayer room?
2. What shape helps you in prayer?
3. Where does fasting fit into your spirituality?
- If you are new to church, or have not yet completed a Contact Form for any other reason, please do so today and return it to Hannah so we can keep in touch with you. Forms are by the front door.
- Our Charity Shop is arranging a Christmas Party for local elderly residents. To help with this in any way, or find out more, speak to Carole Cuttler.
- Remind friends and neighbours about our upcoming Pumpkin Party for the children. See poster in the welcome area, or Sue Clayden for more info
- Please pick up a leaflet about the Shoebox Appeal. Boxes can be filled and left in church 14th Oct-4th Nov. Speak to Diana Bartlett for more info or Jemma Bridge if you would like a box to fill and can’t order one online http://teams4u.com/shoebox-appeal/
- CO: Safeguarding Training, Wednesday 17th October at 7-9pm at St James, including buffet food. See Anne Lancaster for more info.
- Alpha Holy Spirit Evening, Wednesday 24th October at 6.30pm at St James. All welcome to come and meet with the Holy Spirit!
- Confirmation of Jacob Niblett, Sunday 21st October at 10am at St Christopher's.
- First Aid Course, Monday 29th October at 6pm at St James, with food available from 5.30pm. The course costs £30 per person. The church will cover the cost for members, but any donations up to £30 would be most welcome.
- Superhero Light Party, Wednesday 31st October at 6pm at St James. For Primary School age children. See Sue Clayden for more information.
- Welcome to St James Evening, Friday 2nd November at 7.30pm at St James. For anyone who considers themselves quite new to St James.
- Memorial Service, Sunday 4th November at 4pm at St James.
- C1: Safeguarding Foundation Training Course, Tuesday 6th November at 7pm at St James. Book: www.dioceseofcoventry.org/safeguading/safeguardingtraining
Lord, thank you we are able to spend time in conversation with you. Thank you that you always listen to us and we can bring our joys and concerns to you, whether they are very small, or seem too big for us to handle. Thank you that you are always there and know what we need; and that you love to lavish us with gifts, and answers to prayer, whatever form that may take! Amen.