Sunday 28th October
9.00am Holy Communion
10.00am Church Café
10.45am All Age Café Service & Prayer Walk
Mon 29th 2.00pm Open Doors
6.00pm First Aid Training Course
Wed 31st 10.00am Weekday Communion
6.00pm Pumpkin Heroes Light Party
Thur 1st 9.15am JIGSAW
1.45pm Knitting Group
7.00pm Prayer & Praise
Fri 2nd 3.30pm Drench Youth Café
7.30pm Welcome to St James Evening
Sun 4th 9.00am Holy Communion
10.00am Church Café
10.45am Family Praise & Gift Day
4.00pm Memorial Service
Life Questions – Prayer
These questions are for you to consider carefully and apply to your life. Read Jeremiah 29:4-14 and think about the following:
ICEBREAKER: Identify themes beginning with ‘P’ in the passage.
(v7) What is your community? How do you seek peace for it?
(v7) What does it mean to you to pray for the prosperity of the city?
(v11) Share the plans that God has for you. Pray for each other.
- A reminder that this Monday is the First Aid Course at 6pm, with food available from 5.30pm. The course costs £30 per person. The church will cover the cost for members, but any donations for this up to £30 would be most welcome. Please pass your donations to Hannah or Steve.
- Remind friends and neighbours about our Pumpkin Heroes Light Party for the children THIS WEEK! See Sue Clayden for info/to volunteer to help.
- We are holding a Welcome Evening this Friday 2nd November. If you consider yourself quite new to St James, or would just like to find out a bit more about our vision and activities as a church, please come along!
- Sundays 4th and 11th November will be Gift Days to help meet our financial gap as a church. Please bring gifts for the offering basket, or take a Giving Leaflet to find out how to set up a standing order. Thank you.
- For Remembrance Sunday, 11th November, we invite members of both services to join together for the Act of Remembrance at the beginning of the second service. This will run 10.45-11.05am. The rest of the morning will run as normal.
- Our Charity Shop is arranging a Christmas Party for local elderly residents. To help with this in any way, or find out more, speak to Carole Cuttler.
- Please pick up a leaflet about the Shoebox Appeal. Boxes can be filled and left in church until 4th Nov. See Diana Bartlett for info, or Jemma Bridge if you still need a box to fill. teams4u.com/shoebox-appeal
- The Girl Guides are low on numbers. If you know any girls who may like to join, please refer them to Fran on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Youth Workers Forum, Thursday 1st November at 9.30am at The Newlands. Led by Coventry Youth For Christ for all Youth Workers city-wide.
- C1: Safeguarding Foundation Training Course, Tuesday 6th November at 7pm at St James. Book: www.dioceseofcoventry.org/safeguading/safeguardingtraining
- City Praise & Prayer, Sunday 11th November at 6.30pm at The Welcome Centre, CV1 2HG. City-wide church gathering.
- Prayer Breakfast, Wednesday 14th November at 7.30am at St James. All welcome
- New Wine Network Celebration Evening, Tuesday 20th November at 7.30pm at St James. Ian Parkinson will be speaking. All are welcome.
- PCC Meeting, Wednesday 21st November at 7.30pm at St James.
Lord, thank you that prayer works! Help to build up a pattern of interceding regularly for those around us. We pray for peace and prosperity for our city and for each of our neighbours. We welcome your spirit in our community. Please rest on those in our neighbourhood and transform lives through your power. Amen.