Sunday 11th November
9.00am Holy Communion
10.00am Church Café
10.45am Act of Remembrance
11.05am Family Communion & Gift Day
6.30pm City Praise & Prayer (Welcome Centre)
Mon 12th 2.00pm Open Doors
Wed 14th 7.30am Prayer Breakfast – Churches Together
10.00am Weekday Communion
Thur 15th 9.15am JIGSAW
1.45pm Knitting Group
7.00pm Prayer & Praise
Fri 16th 3.30pm Drench Youth Café
Sun 18th 9.00am Holy Communion
10.00am Church Café
10.45am Family Praise
Life Questions – Prayer
These questions are for you to consider carefully and apply to your life. Read Ephesians 2:11-22 and think about the following:
(v13) What does it mean to be ‘bought near by the blood of Christ’?
(v14-17) What does peace and reconciliation look like in our personal and community life?
(v19-22) What are the key truths here about the church?
- House of Faith Course will be running for 4 weeks, mainly for those not yet in a Life Group. At the church, 7pm on Mondays 19th & 26th Nov & 3rd & 10th December. Please speak to Hannah or Steve for more info.
- Steve is looking for some people to join him as a Prayer Ministry team for a Holy Spirit evening at another church. Please speak to Steve.
- Our Charity Shop is arranging a Christmas Party for local elderly residents on 1st December. To help with this, or find out more, speak to Carole C.
- If you have any pre-loved paperback books that could be donated for a stall for Tearfund at the Big Quiz Night at Walsgrave Baptist Church, please see Hannah.
- New Wine Network Celebration Evening, Tuesday 20th November at 7.30pm at St James. Ian Parkinson will be speaking. Worship, message, prayer. All Coventry churches welcome.
- PCC Meeting, Wednesday 21st November at 7.30pm at St James.
- Reaching 20s-30s, Saturday 24th November at 10am-4pm at St Mark’s, Bird Street, CV1 5FX. How churches can attract and disciple the students, young professionals, young families and singles. Seminars and lunch. Hosted by Acceler8. Free. Register online. (See Hannah for details).
- Emmaus Concert, Saturday 24th November at 6pm at St James.
- Quiet Morning, Saturday 1st December at 10am at St James.
- Advent Adventure, Sunday 2nd December at 4pm at St James for children and families. See Sue Clayden for more info.
- Lets do something fa la la lamazing, Friday 7th December at 7.30pm at St John the Baptist. Song and celebration evening raising money for Church Urban Fund. Tickets £25 from www.raiseyourvoices.org.uk
- Co-op Orchestra Concert, Saturday 8th December at St James. See Hannah for tickets. Proceeds for Global Care. Fantastic festive fundraiser!
- Christmas Float, Sunday 9th December starting from the Newlands at 3.45pm. Run by Cotes & Trees Community Neighbourhood Watch, raising money for Wouldn’t Change a Thing; Down Syndrome charity.
God of peace, make us restless until war and conflicts cease and the long envisaged unity among the nations is made real. May we honour the millions killed in war by being your active and committed peace-makers now in our country, communities and homes. Kindle your love within us, that we may be your light in the world and channels of your peace. Amen.