Sunday 25th November
9.00am Holy Communion
10.00am Church Café
10.45am Family Praise & Baptisms
Mon 26th 2.00pm Open Doors
7.00pm House of Faith Course
Wed 28th 10.00am Weekday Communion
Thur 29th 9.15am JIGSAW
1.45pm Knitting Group
7.00pm Prayer & Praise
Fri 30th 3.30pm Drench Youth Café
Sat 1st 10.00am Quiet Morning
Sun 2nd 9.00am Holy Communion
10.00am Church Café
10.45am Family Praise
4.00pm Advent Adventure
These questions are for you to consider carefully and apply to your life. Read Ephesians 6:10-20 and think about the following:
1. (v10) What does it mean to be strong in the Lord and in His power?
2. Think about the different elements of the armour of God.
3. (v12) What are the powers of this dark world?
4. (v18) How do you pray in the Spirit?
- Our Advent Adventure is running next Sunday! It’ll be great fun for families, so get inviting people. If you are able to support Sue Clayden in any way with running this event, please speak to her.
- “A big 'Thank You' to everyone for your contributions to the Christmas Shoebox Appeal. Our 22 boxes are now on their way to children in Eastern Europe!” – Diana
- Thank you to all who gave in our recent Gift Days and we have reached £6200 of our £8000 target. If you wish to contribute, there is still time!
- Advent Calendars and Candles are available on the card stall.
- We are working hard to comply with all of the requests made by the Diocese regarding Safeguarding; particularly by ensuring all of the correct paperwork is in place. Please do bear with us as we try to fill in any gaps by asking those on team to sign Role Descriptions and so on.
- Comedy & Carols Night, Friday 30th November at 7pm at West Orchard URC. Comedy, music, magic! A fundraiser for CCM. Tickets £10. Call 02476 615931 or email Darren@covcitymission.org.uk.
- Christmas Party, Saturday 1st December at 2pm at Leigh School. Free of charge. A party run by our Community Care Charity Shop for retirees in the local area. Collect tickets from the Charity Shop on Nickson Road.
- Lets do something fa la la lamazing, Friday 7th December at 7.30pm at St John the Baptist. Song and celebration evening raising money for Church Urban Fund. Tickets £25 from www.raiseyourvoices.org.uk
- Co-op Orchestra Concert, Saturday 8th December at St James. See Hannah for tickets. Proceeds for Global Care. Fantastic festive fundraiser!
- Christmas Float, Sunday 9th December starting from the Newlands at 3.45pm. Run by Cotes & Trees Community Neighbourhood Watch, raising money for Wouldn’t Change a Thing; Down Syndrome charity.
Father God, give us strength to fight our Spiritual battles and help us to consciously put on your armour to protect ourselves; to grow in our Spiritual lives and to be fearless and proactive in our fight for your Kingdom. Amen.