Sunday 16th December
9.00am Holy Communion
10.00am Church Café & Sweet Stall
10.45am Family Service & Baptism
6.00pm Candlelit Carols
Mon 17th 2.00pm Open Doors Bring & Share Christmas
Wed 19th 10.00am Weekday Communion
Thur 20th 7.00pm Prayer & Praise
Sun 23rd 9.00am Holy Communion
10.00am Church Café
10.45am All Age Service
Mon 24th 4.00pm Children’s Carols
11.15pm Midnight Communion
Tues 25th 10.00am Christmas Day Family Communion
Sun 30th 10.00am All Age Communion Service
These questions are for you to consider carefully and apply to your life. Read Zephaniah 3:14-20 and think about the following:
1. (v14-15) How was Israel called to respond to God’s actions?
2. Look at what God has done, is doing and will do, as listed in the passage.
3. (v17) What does it mean for God to be singing over you?
- Advent Challenge (Deuteronomy 10:8). Carry the ARK in Advent. Each day do A Random act of Kindness. Speak a word of encouragement, give a gift, say a blessing for someone each day.
- Calling everyone with a sweet tooth. The Shawl Ministry Team are holding a sale of home-made sweets during Church Café on Sunday December 16th. Come and buy!
- If you would like to give a Christmas card to the congregation of St James, the blue board in the corner of the foyer has been cleared to display these.
- Please note: on Sunday 30th December we will only have ONE morning service: All Age Communion Service at 10.00am.
- As a registered charity, we are able to be a part of Amazon Smile. If you shop online using amazon, follow this link: https://smile.amazon.co.uk/ch/1180328-0 and using our charity number 1180328 you are able to support St James through your purchases. It doesn’t cost you anything, but Amazon will make donations to us from each purchase you make. Thank you.
- Training Course for New Crossline Listeners: If you would like to serve the community in this hugely valuable way, the course is over 4 Saturdays starting on Sat Jan 26th 2019, 10am-4pm. See poster for details.
Father God, thank you for all the wonderful things you have done for me. Thank you that you delight in me. Help that message to reach my heart! Thank you for always being there through my times of struggle. Thank you that you bless me every day, whether I notice it, or not. Thank you for this Christmas period; that we have such a wonderful opportunity to celebrate the birth of your Son into this world. Amen.